After all of your hard work you finally found the perfect suit! Now it is time to ensure that you take extra care to keep your suit lasting as long as it can. During its lifetime your suit will be exposed to high temperatures, harsh chemicals and rough surfaces. Learning how to properly take care of your swimsuit can drastically increase its life and the number of wears you are sure to enjoy from it. Please follow the tips below:
- Wash your swimsuit immediately after use with water and a mild soap or swim solution to remove harsh chemicals and body oils, and let drip dry. We recommend Suit Solutions or Forever New. Both products are can be found at either of our two locations.
- Never put your suits in the washing machine or dryer as they will break down the Lycra, and can even damage bra cups, diminishing the life of your suit.
- Keep contact between the suit and sun tan oils to a minimum. Many sun tan and sun block lotions have an oil base and can fade or discolor the suit.
- Always lay a towel down where you choose to sit, lie, or lean. Your swimsuit can catch and snag on the side of the pool or deck.
- It is always a good idea if going on a trip or cruise to pack more than one swimsuit. Allowing your suit time to dry completely after wear allows the Lycra, a memory yarn, to return to its original shape, ensuring a long lasting fit.
- Always avoid hot tubs with your new suit. The combination of high heat and chemicals can fade and destroy the Lycra your suit is made of. If you do use the hot tub, we suggest saving an older suit to wear for this purpose.
- Purchase a good quality suit whenever it is within your means. Higher quality swimwear is most often made with Chlorine resistant fabrics and improved construction techniques ensuring you get the most �bang for your buck.� The longer you can wear your suit, the less often you need to buy a new one. It can actually save you money in the long run!